Special Needs Services
With many years experience working with special needs people, my favorite part of my job is offering massage and craniosacral treatments to the special needs community. I have previously worked as a respite care provider for massage services.
My location is wheelchair accessible and I can make accomodations for a wide variety of needs. Home visits are occasionally available based on need.
Massage and CST are able to help with many issues involving the special needs community, such as:
- Central nervous system disorders
- Motor-coordination impairments
- Range of motion impairments
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Improving muscle tone
- and many others as well
Special services (in addition to our regular services) offered for special needs clients are as follows:
- One on One classes for caregivers – This includes 2, 1 hour classes and can be given with more than one caregiver of a person at a time. These individualized classes will assess the needs of the person receiving treatment and will go over basic techniques that can help, such as proper stretching, breathing techniques and basic massage and energy work. Prices are based on the basic massage pricing either for in office, or in-home.
- Seminars - Can be done in 2 hours, or 1/2 day sessions. We will discuss the benefits of massage, aromatherapy and basic energy work for most people. Participants will learn the basics of massage and stretching, as well as how to use aromatherapy in the home to improve health and a few basic energy work techniques to decrease pain and promote healing.
A minimum of 6 participants is required.
The price of the seminars also includes, lotion, handouts and one free follow-up consultation in person or by phone to address any additional questions or concerns.